Doc Stevens' Opinions on Raising a Boy to Be A Man

Friday, November 14, 2008 3:34 PM Posted by Tondeleo Lee Thomas
Tondeleo: I have hours and hours of video of Doc pontificating and solving the world's (and America's) problems. In fact, I have found that it is quite common for American working class people to think in black and white, and to feel that the world's problems would be pretty easily solved if one had but common sense.

In this video, we were finishing up the evening meal and I set up my camera for an evening of interviews and recording, and asked Doc if he'd mind talking a few minutes on raising kids, specifically raising a boy to be a "man." Doc tells me regularly that there is more to being a man than just not squatting when one "takes a pee."

This video will also give you insight as to how these blogs are created and what an editorial challenge it is to make a written document from Doc's speaking. You can hear his dogs barking outside, and other sounds. Anyway, I hope you enjoy getting to hear firsthand what I have to deal with in order to get these blogs together.


Click below to watch and listen.