Doc is in Dallas, Texas and some other places in Texas for a few days.

Monday, November 10, 2008 10:00 PM Posted by Tondeleo Lee Thomas
Me typing Doc Steven's blog

Tondeleo: Doc just rang me up to report on his trip to Dallas, Texas and some surrounding towns. Between his pronunciations and my not always being able to suss out exactly what he is actually trying to say, our conversations are comical sometimes.

Actually, this call made me realise that I ought to just post some of my footage of my interviews with him and his comments and advice on YouTube rather than try to decipher it all. He is serious, but is also VERY funny, and I am never quite certain if he realises how humourous he actually is.

Doc: Tondy - This Doc down to Texas over in Dallas somewhere but it ain't Dallas right now it is somewheres near Dallas about more than a hour from the airport which I am going to tomorrow. I come up here yesterday and played last night and slept this morning and today helped a man at his ranch for because he is putting me up with him and his wife and feeding me and tomorrow we are going to the airport.

Tondeleo: Doc, do you have any clue at all where you are?

Doc: Yes, Tondy in Texas where there is a college A and M what is here. They is a real good chinese restaurant called Panda with a cute little chinese waitress what is working there to go to college. She will be good at it. I want to go back tomorrow and get a picture with her. That man Doug where I am staying brought me here and then I told him I have been in Texas since last week an seen nothing but roads, hotels and parking lots and that is all I will think is Texas unless he shows me more Texas.

He drove me around his town here and showed me the college and then some old houses and a cowboy church with a bullpen outside and then to the Wal Mart. I aint buy nothing but he bought something. I walked around and looked at camo shirts and hats and pants and boots and chairs and dog tents and gloves. Looked but not touch lessened they try to 'cuse me of shoplifting and put me in a mexican jail and then where would I be?

But that aint the point Tondy. Now I can do inner web like you and like a little blob over at a blues innerweb place. Called this (I can hear papers shuffling around and Doc trying to figure out how to read a url) Tondy are you there? It is called www.livebluesworld.com and I have my own Doc Stevens blob or webspace and Marilyn showed me how to put pictures on there and those VCRs from YourTube what you put up there. Now I got some friends from cyberspace and they are real nice folks. One of them, Mike, wrote something what made me write a hymn on it. He made a tear roll down my eye.

Tondeleo: So Doc, I'm glad you're getting so refined and getting to be able to travel again! I heard that Marilyn made it back from Pennsylvania so Nanjemoy will be repopulated fully by Wednesday. I know that must warm your heart, Doc.

Doc: Yeah, Marilyn done called me already an said she is safe at home and fed the dogs. I need to get back home and in the garage and guess what? Get some checks cashed up the store. They was real good to me an fed me good an put me in a Marriott in Dallas and then a small hotel in Palace Teen ["Palestine"] and I stayed at some peoples' house with a lot of money up in a place called Grape Vine and now am on a ranch. They got money too and beds with cloth roofs on em. Like in the old timey movies. But I can't wait to go home, like Dorothy said, Tondy, there's no place like home, there's no place like home. Is that true even if you're a Brit? No place like home?

I assured him that it is true even for Brits that there is no place like home, and that I would see him in a couple of months or so, but to keep in touch.