Doc Stevens' Potential Cure for HIV/AIDS

Sunday, August 31, 2008 6:34 AM Posted by Tondeleo Lee Thomas

Tondeleo: Of the handful of drawings Doc has given to me of his "inventions and cures," this one may be the most interesting. Doc hasn't taken much interest in the world HIV/AIDS crisis because, like for a lot of people, it doesn't effect him. His niece Marilyn has been working to educate him that AIDS impacts more than just gays and intravenous drug users.

After listening to Marilyn's educational talks, and things that she was taught in school about potential cures, Doc went outside and on the hood of his panel truck, which he uses for a desk, he sketched out a rough idea for a cure. Now he has done his bit for the future of humanity, according to him.

Doc: "Marilyn says it ain't just homos and junkies gettin' AIDS now. I didn't know that. But she said they thought that sunrays kill AIDS out of the blood. Well if that's all there is to it, I got a fix for it. It's all right here in my drawing. Here it is.Tell a doctor on that interweb to figure out all the details. Just make sure he gives me some credit. Marilyn said that whoever finds a cure for AIDS will win a noble prize. I don't know what the prize is, but I been layin' in bed tryin' to picture what it might be. I could use a new truck. I hope that's what it is.Doc Stevens' cure for HIV AIDS