Stevens and Marilyn on YouTube.

Friday, October 17, 2008 5:45 PM Posted by Tondeleo Lee Thomas

Tondeleo: I just got some video footage of Doc and Marilyn emailed to me, as well as a DVD of them, so now we can put them on Youtube. Doc thinks all this is a miracle.

Doc: "Tondy, go head and put 'em up. I don't care. I ain't never been on TV on 'puters on that innerweb. Now me an' Marilyn can go to the liberry an' watch ourselves on the innerweb. We ain't good like no professionals, but we can keep a beat and we're cheap cause poor people can't afford no professionals. We play a lot of BBQ's and family reunions and a festival here an' there.

We ain't that good, but people like us. Not a lot, but they like us.

We got some other videos what people shot an' gave to us. You can have them if you like. We ain't got no use for 'em." Cover1

Tondeleo: The person who sent me the footage for Doc and Marilyn already had it made into a decent DVD.

One thing that is amazing to me is that Doc rarely uses a mic. He project his voice and fill up most indoor venues. You'll notice that if you go to youtube or see the DVD. He isn't using a mic at all on this DVD and still projects almost too loud over the guitar. When you hear this, you'll understand why he says he doesn't need to be amplified, but his guitar does. Go to Youtube and search for Doc Stevens and you'll find him.

I'll make some copies of it and give them to him to do what he wants with them. It's from a performance in Indian Head Maryland, USA, at The Blackbox Theater.

He can be emailed at dosctevensyes@hotmail.com