Doc and Marilyn in Wyoming... well, Camden-Wyoming, Delaware

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:31 PM Posted by Tondeleo Lee Thomas


Tondeleo: I rang up Doc to check on how he and Marilyn are doing. He was pretty excited because he said that he and Marilyn had gone to Wyoming over the weekend, and that they played there, and then played somewhere else, and he drove back to his bungalow in Maryland Saturday night.

I'm not an expert on the geography of the United States, but I do know that Wyoming is not a place that one can drive to from the east coast on Friday, then play at two venues, and drive back by Saturday night. I DO know that much.

When I questioned Doc, he insisted that they were in Wyoming, that it was a four hour drive from Southern Maryland, and that he did not need to be instructed by a Brit about "geometry." He said he had seen the signs saying Camden Wyoming and that signs don't lie.

He let me know that Wyoming is right over there by Eastern Shore and he had not ever been there before but would definitely be going back, and that he and Marilyn had some bookings lined up there.

Whilst we were talking, I Googled Camden, Wyoming discovered that it is NOT Camden, Wyoming, but is a town in Delaware, near to Eastern Shore, MD, called in fact, Camden - Wyoming. I looked on MapQuest and further discovered that it truly is about two and a half hours. 

Doc: Hey Tondy, last Saturday me and Marilyn played a bit over in Eastern Shore and also in Wyoming for a full day. I had never been to Wyoming before, and was hopin' to see some cowboys, but we didn't see any.  It just looked regular, like a place.

We went to a place called Band B Music and Sound. They was real nice and had a lot  of store bought guitars and such, and drums and new amps. I brought my dobro and my tacklebox guitar. Marilyn brought her voice and some harps.

The guys at B and B Music and Sound videoed a bit of us playing there as a music store demo. No mics. Just us belting out our typical “singing louder than a bus” vocals and an old 5 watt amp.

Tondeleo: Ummm, Doc, I just looked up B and B Music and Sound and they are not in Wyoming, they are in Delaware. Camden-Wyoming, Delaware. Near Eastern Shore, MD. I looked at a map and saw exactly where you were.

I can see that they are a big music store in Camden-Wyoming... Delaware.

Doc: That's what I said! America is a big country, and I can't keep up with all of it. I ain't said nothing about Delaware. But I did say something about B and B Music. They do promoting of lots of events and festivals over the Spring and in the Summer and in the Fall.

Tondeleo: Doc, I just went to their Face Book page and they have an 8 and a half minute video of you guys! 

Doc: Yeah, they videoed us makin' noise pollution for their store.I ain't knowed nothin' about no Face Book, though. That's a good thing, what they did for us.

I mean, we was calm, Tondy. Being in a store, we didn’t get to do our usual shenanigans. I actually sat down for the whole thing. Marilyn of course, bein' polite, stood. I played my famous Tackle Box Guitar which always gets attention – and makes people want to play it. A couple of their sales people and a manager played it and could not believe that it actually plays well, is well balanced and sounds like a “real” guitar. Hey, if it wasn’t easy to play, I sure wouldn’t be playing it.

Tondeleo: I'll post the link for their video, so people can watch it.


Doc: Thanks, Tondy! You the man!